Monday, March 18, 2013

What the heck is going on????

How can it be we are already heading into Sping 2013?

It sure doesn't feel or look like spring to me, how about you?  I definitely think I have a case of cabin fever.  I have to admit it hasn't been a harsh winter, but it has been an annoying winter, alittle snow and ice here and alittle there. The storms have just been of the nuisance kind.

While I am speaking of a nuisance, has anyone ever had a backache that just will not go away?  I have had one since January this year, oh what a pain LOL.  No it is not really funny, but sometimes it is good to laugh. "Laughter is medicine for the soul", so they say. I have heard you notice your age by all the little aches and pains, but this is ridiculous.

Here are a few of my companions lately:
 
 
BIOFREEZE, it used to be my go to for a pain here or there, but lately it is right by my side.  I don't know if it heals anything, however it makes the pain feel better at the moment.
 
My  next companion sticks to me like glue, Absorbine Patches, (I know I crack you up right :)). These patches are supposed to work up to 8 hrs, I wear them when I go to work and somtimes to bed.  Again, I know you are probably thinking, "these things don't work, they are just topical."  All I know is it does make the pain less excruciating.  It probably the cooling sensation, that makes my mind go ahhhh!
 
 
I was also wearing a back brace to help to stand up, because I could barely walk without the brace.
I have also been to my Rhuematologist., he gave me a strong anti-inflammatory, Prednisone and Tramadol. He did say there was swelling in the sacral area.  He also said I could see a Chiropractor, which when I first went I couldn't even lay down on the table.  He helped me to lay down on my stomach and adusted the sacral area and said there was swelling.  Well, long story short, the swelling is down, but the left side of my back is still hurting and going down my leg. I may have to bite the bullet and get an MRI?? 
 
I have come to the conclusion that; a backache is like a migraine, unless you experience one you have no idea what it is like!
 
The morale of the story is time passes so quickly that you should take every moment and find a reason to be thankful and joyful.  Our lives really are just like a vapor in the wind, we could be here today and gone tomorrow.  This my friends is the lesson I have learned from this passage of time.
 
So here we are getting ready to enter into the Spring of 2013.  May the rest of  2013 bring Joy, Peace and Health to all of us.
 
Blessings to you,
Chrissy
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. We got snowed on May 5th, which was the latest recorded measurable snowfall to date. It was really not much more than a dusting, but it was enough to get our full attention.

    ReplyDelete